India and Sustainable Development Goals
Learn about sustainable development
The course aims to educate students about development, the SDGs, and the targets the countries aim to achieve by 2030. It builds upon the importance and interrelatedness of the SDGs and the individual actions that can contribute to achieving them.
This course breaks down complex concepts to enable better understanding and uses the story of Priya, the main character, to narrate the SDGs. Priya’s life and hardships faced by her and her family encourage a sense of empathy and compassion in the students, towards the less fortunate.
The course walks the students through the SDGs in the Indian context, making it relevant and easy to understand by relating the concepts to their regular lives and then understanding and visualizing the SDGs in their own surroundings. Students will be provided with opportunities to think, research and read outside the scope of this course to gain more knowledge.
The course also comes with self-assessment quizzes to help students self evaluate and keep track of their own progress. After completion, the student can apply for a certificate which will be emailed to them upon verification of their details!
- The prevalent development issues
- The Concept of Sustainability
- The institutions who promote and propagate sustainability
- Background, overview and interrelatedness of sustainable development
- 17 lessons on 17 SDGs
- India and its journey in achieving SGDs and how citizens can contribute to it
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Self Direction
- Social and Cross cultural interactions
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Introduction to Development Issues
- What is Sustainability?
- Who promotes Sustainability?
- What is the United Nations Organisation and its role?
- How did we get here: Road to the SDGs?
- Overview on the SDGs
- Categorizing the SDGs
- Interrelatedness of the SDGs
- SDG 1: No Poverty
- SDG 2: Zero Hunger
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well Being
- SDG 4: Quality Education
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 6: Clean water and sanitation
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean energy
- SDG 8: Decent work and Economic growth
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequality
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13: Climate action
- SDG 14: Life below Water
- SDG 15: Life on Land
- SDG 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institution
- SDG 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
- Indian Action on the SDGs
- What can each of us do?
Will be Available Sooon